6 Reasons for Studying the Book of Proverbs
Over the past few years I have decided to study a book from the bible throughout the year, this gives me time to study and digest everything I can from the book.
This year I have chosen to study the book of Proverbs, below are six reasons for my choice taken from the book of proverbs Chp 1:1-7, I have adapted the Message paraphrase bible:
The Purpose of Proverbs:
- To know how to live well and right
- To understand what life means and where it’s going
- A manual for living, for learning what’s right and just and fair
- To teach the inexperienced the ropes and give our young people a grasp on reality
- To help those that are wise become even wiser
- To probe and penetrate the rhymes and reasons of wise men and women
I will be sharing my insights throughout the year.
Join me and feel free to share this with others!